- To ensure department objectives and timelines are met and financial controls are maintained whilst promoting high standards of service to both internal and external customers.
- Planning and organising their own workload.
- Processing and handling all claims payments on a daily basis.
- Checking the validity of client bank details in the claim systems and verified (approve) it if the entry is correct.
- Liaising with the claims team and third-party authorities who manage claims with regard to claims payments, payment returns, claims refunds, unaccounted entries in claims bordereau. Raise queries and double check the accuracy of claims payment data to ensure the claim payment is processed to right claimant both correctly and accurately.
- Respond to all claims payment enquiries directly to customer, claim team, broker or third party authorities.
- Liaising with banks regarding a return payment or proof of payment (MT 103).
- Carrying out reconciliations between claims paid and claim bordereau on a regular basis.
- Submit reconciliations to general manager or claims manager and highlight any discrepancy or other issue on claims bordereau.
- Submit Asia Pacific claims bordereau to insurer by uploading it into the portal
- Tracking, managing and allocating claims funds (relating to Asia Pacific’s policy) that’s received from reinsurers.
- Produce an analysis of bank charges and exchange gains/losses based in reconciliation on monthly basis.
- Submit a special collection (relation to claim payment above certain limit) to reinsurer if necessary.
- Tracking and managing the solvency of bank account used to pay claims and arrange for money transfer if required.
- Provide constructive feedback (Vital) performance
- Other ad hoc work as required to support the finance team.
- Cover or support other job roles within the department as required normally due to sickness or holidays.
- Any other reasonable request.
Company and Customer Ethos
- Ensure you conduct yourself in a calm and professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that client personal data is protected at all times according to the Company’s GDPR procedures.
- Ensure that you always promote the Company and the actions of the Company positively both to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the requirements of our customers are treated with top priority and that we always operate a “YES” mentality.
- Ensure that a “YES” mentality is fostered within the team and that they also follow this ethos.
- Ensure that all communications with customers are professional, polite and with a positive yet passive approach.
- Ensure that we treat customers how we would want to be treated ourselves.
- Customer focused in every aspect of job role.
- Respect and adhere to Company procedures and policies.
- Ability to prioritise own work to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with other teams, to interact with peers and Management as appropriate.
- Problem solver.
- Challenger of the “norm”.
- Ability to manage and monitor performance standards in order to meet targets.
- Previous experience of data input and processing desirable
- Previous experience of insurance industry and claims payments.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office including Excel and Word;
- Experience of using SAGE (not essential).
You may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above, either on a temporary or permanent basis, which the Company reasonably believes you are capable of carrying out, or for which you will be trained.
Relevant professional, ethical and health and safety standards apply to this role.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to the HR Manager at email@example.com
← View All Vacancies